Top Ten Home Gifts For The Interior Obsessive (For Every Budget!)
Has everyone started their Christmas shopping except me? Yes, I’ve mentioned it… the ‘C’ word. To be fair, it is almost December! If, like me, you haven’t started yet, you might want to have a look at my ‘Top Ten Home Gifts’, either to buy for a loved one, or to hint at for yourself. I’ll leave that up to you. I’ve covered every price range from the affordable to the luxury. Every item has been picked by me, because I love them. Hint hint.
Just click on the item to see more…
Top Ten Home Gifts; Under £30
1. I actually LOVE this Astratto Tea for One set from Oliver Bonas. At £30, not only do you get function, but you get a piece of artwork for your kitchen shelf.
4. If you’re a fan of show-stopping interiors, but need a little assistance, then Extraordinary Interiors by Rockett St George (£19.99) is the book for you. If you haven’t visited the webshop, then you should. It’s packed full of quirky and stylish homewares. Like my next item…
5. This VonShef Manhattan Cocktail set is an absolute bargain at £24.99. It is the perfect mix of style and function. Not too OTT but the gold makes it something a bit more special that you’d be happy to have on show. I actually have this, having kindly been sent it by VonShef to try out and I can happily recommend it.
6. Do you find yourself shoving your phone in the bathroom washbasin to amplify the sound while you shower? No? Just me? Well, here is a simple but stylish solution to the threat of water damaged technology. Made.com’s Iris Phone Amplifier comes in black or white marble and is only £25.
7. This Antique Brass wall Mirror With Shelves from Hilary and Flo (reduced to £26.25) is the perfect display case for those small trinkets that are pretty, but have no home. Let them live here.
8. The vintage ornithology styling of this Magpie Heron Round Platter, £22 from John Lewis just pleases me. It would look great propped on a shelf or wall hung. Or, if you’re really fancy, use it as a platter, as intended.
10. I reeeeaaallly want this Gold Effect Lips Vase from Rockett St George. It’s just so bizarrely cool and fun. AND it’s only £16!
Top Ten Home Gifts; Under £60
1. Brixton Cornercopia, who sell through Trouva, offer beautiful functional items for the home. This Set of Four Wooden Candlesticks, £52, is perfect for a rustic, Scandi style, and lovers of all things hygge.
2. Want something a bit less conventional than a jewellery box? This Iris Dressing Table Set from Made.com , £39, is perfect, as everything is visible and easy to access. Even if you don’t wear jewellery, these would make great ornaments and storage containers.
3. The Jody Frame, £42 from Anthropologie, comes in two options; a bubbled glass finish and a rainbow lustre. Industrial meets glam.
4. For something totally different, look no further than The Curious Department, with their beautiful range of nature inspired objects of beauty. This Swallowtail Butterfly Taxidermy Art, £60, is a true thing of beauty.
6. Simple and stylish, the Large Gold Pebble Wall Mirror from Oliver Bonas, £58, is a mid century inspired beauty, that would look great on its own or grouped with the other Pebble shapes and sizes available.
7. These Celestial Coasters from Anthropologie are so lovely! Each one is individual and they come in a variety of colourways. Bought individually (£8 each), you could mix and match to make a set of 4.
8. The Bangle Collection from LSA International is a stunning selection of glass and ceramic accessories and drinkware featuring a hand-painted gold band between two lustrous colours. Choose from green, pink or blue. A set of two 525ml balloon glasses costs £40. Why not start off someone’s collection? They’ll definitely thank you for it! I received these as a gift from LSA and they really are beautiful.
10. After something a bit different… quirky but still stylish? This Levvy Table Mobile from Made.com is the perfect decorative accessory for the mid-century style home. A lovely alternative to vases and plants to fill up a space.
Top Ten Home Gifts; £60+
1. Keep those you love warm this winter with the Delancey Wool Throw from A by Amara, £90. This gorgeous wool throw was part of my winner’s prize through the Amara Awards and I’ve included it in my top ten home gifts because it really is luxury.
2. If someone ever said to me that I would describe a scented candle as luxury, I would have laughed. Until now. They’ve never really been my thing. Until now. Max Benjamin, one of the sponsors of the Amara interior Blog Awards, recently sent me a gorgeous (and I mean GORGEOUS) scented candle in the most beautiful lidded ceramic pot. I received the Cologne Retro Candle which is amazing… and the colour and design on the pot couldn’t be more me! Also, you’re not just buying a candle, you’re buying a beautiful piece of ceramic art.
4. Inspired by Art Deco, but with a contemporary twist, this Tom Dixon Form Jug, from John Lewis is a timeless piece of design. At £95 you’re investing in a piece you’ll love forever and ever.
7. I am in love. In my teens I used to have a thing for coloured glass bottles. Turns out I have rekindled my romance with coloured glass bottles. Pols Potten Bubbles and Bottles set of 4 £206.50 from Amara
I hope you’ve managed to find some inspiration along the way. I really should start christmas shopping for people other than me now…
As a side-note, this Top Ten Home Gifts post has not been sponsored, although LSA International and VonShef kindly gifted their items with a view to promotion. l will only ever promote products that I feel suit my style and that I am genuinely happy to live with myself. But don’t worry… product promotion is not going to be regular thing.